View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 10:39 AM   #4
redneckdan OP
Hold my beer & watch this

Oddometer: 576
Day 1 part 2

First stop is at Sturgeon Gorge road side park near Alberta, Michigan. 50 miles down, many more to go.

As I pull my helmet off I inhale the heavy aroma of a humid morning in a northern pine forest. This takes me back to fond memories of years gone by.....

My wife Jen and I were wed here at Sturgeon Gorge on Sunday May 6, 2007…..05/06/07 incase you didn’t notice. No we didn’t plan it that way. My mother actually noticed the date coincidence a few days before the ceremony.

Seems like a long time ago even though it has been mere years. Many friends have moved on since then. Many relationships have changed. Some better….some not so much….

I take a quick look over the bike for obvious loose parts of vital importance. Nothing is evident. I always worry about bike mechanical issues. I am not sure what I can do about it. It is probably from knowing what can go horribly wrong.

A quick morning constitutional helps clear my head…..among other things….

Back on the road again.

I am soon passed, make that buzzed, by two riders, one on a Barbie KLR 650 and another on what looked to be a candy apple red SV 650. They had to be doing well over 70. I am pretty sure I saw an ADV sticker so who ever you are FYYFF!!! I tried to catch up but with the giant sail on the back and the very sluggish handling I soon came to my senses.

I ride on.

redneckdan screwed with this post 08-11-2012 at 04:19 PM
redneckdan is offline   Reply With Quote