View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 04:55 PM   #103
TripleThreat719
Track Addict ADV Wannabe

Oddometer: 289
Reviving an Old Thread to show all you fellow 640 Adventure owning inmates my new dash setup...

I have a Garmin GPS Map 60 CSX, a Garmin Zumo 660, a Kenwood UBZ-LH14, a 6 Circuit Fuse Block and a StarCom1 Advance Helmet Communication System all installed. The only thing remaining to be installed is my VIO POV HD camera setup.

Here's a closeup of the dash...

I fabricated the entire dash out of aluminum. I machined the attachment feet, bent the aluminum rod and tig-welded up the fabricated dash panel. There is also a shelf at the bottom of the dash panel that runs back up toward the front of the fairing that all of the wiring ends up being concealed by. Basically all of the wiring is sitting behind the dash panel on the shelf between the dash and fairing. It conceals everything pretty well.

On Sunday I'll be installing a specially fabricated (by my brother) aluminum PTT switch that will activate the two-way radio and allow me to talk to my brother on his Husqvarna TE 610.

Headed up to ride the TWAT the 22nd through the 31st. Looking forward to putting all these farkles to the test...
TripleThreat719 is offline   Reply With Quote