View Single Post
Old 07-17-2011, 09:12 AM   #217
Flashback
Mommys Lil Monster

Oddometer: 3,079
$18.89 @ Walmart. Dual 55 watt halogens mounted on the SW motech bars. Fused and hardwired to the battery with a rocker switch mounted on the handlebars. 10 minute install. Running them is like having a high beam down low. Lights grounded to the crash bars. Switch grounded to the dash mount. Only wire that needed running was the positive one. And I didn't need to cut into the stock wiring system at all.

Sealed impact resistant weather proof housing but it doesn't matter if they break. Cost was less than a meal out. Swamped em in mud and threw rocks at em this weekend on the Uwharrie ORV area. They work like a champ. Actually needed them to stay visible for oncoming ATVs/Buggies on some of the faster dustier roads.

I also changed out my stock Canbuss accessory outlet with a fused replacement from Gerbing at the same time. Found out the hard way on the side of the road that the stock Canbuss adapter aint worth sh#t. Pardon my french. But it won't run any of the portable air pumps that BMW sells as accessories for their bikes. It's under-engineered to trip out @ like 8 amps draw and left me stranded with a flat tire. POS. Replaced it as soon as I got home from that ride. Why in the world would BMW put that crappy adapter on their bike when doing it right adds almost no weight and costs near nothing???

Looks almost identical to the stocker but it'll run anything I want to put on it...

Flashback screwed with this post 07-17-2011 at 09:23 AM
Flashback is offline   Reply With Quote