View Single Post
Old 07-18-2011, 06:56 PM   #1
EnderTheX OP
Drunken Squirrel

Oddometer: 2,709
A Solo Flatlander Rides to Colorado With An F800GS to Find Some Snow!

GPX Files here:

Full GPX File

Note this includes my routes and actual tracks. The routes were a bit aggressive on distance so I took a few shortcuts but it's easy to follow.

The summers here in Texas are brutal... and this is one of the hottest I can remember. Ever since my buddy Chris and I went to Colorado to try some of the famous trails in the San Juan area I have been dreaming of going back. I wanted to experience the high altitude passes in a different light…

Planning the trip was a mixture of skill and luck… I procured several off road books (one of which we used last year to great success) and found a network of passes I wanted to try. I called almost every ranger station out there to discover which passes were open or closed. Most of them were still closed with snow and I anticipated awesome snow tunnels on the ones just opened.

A different twist on my ride… I carried two GoPro HD Hero cameras with various mounts to capture my ride in spectacular 720p 60fps HD video! Please enjoy a highlights reel from the many hours of video I am beginning to sift through!

(I would suggest watching in high def with audio…)

I have so much video but I still have to figure out how to get it into slow motion and picture in picture… I will also be releasing full length video of some of the passes like Engineers, Cinnamon, Ophir etc. The two cameras often are running together so you get two perspectives of the same event!

Here are some highlights pictures before we get into it! (You may recognize these from the video)

EnderTheX screwed with this post 01-20-2012 at 10:14 PM
EnderTheX is offline   Reply With Quote