View Single Post
Old 07-19-2011, 01:10 AM   #17
Spud Rider OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,600
The following photograph shows the clearance between the drive chain and a single Spud Roller when the rear wheel has a 45-tooth sprocket.

This photo shows the clearance between the drive chain and a single Spud Roller when the rear wheel has a 48-tooth sprocket.

As you can see, the 48-tooth rear sprocket significantly reduces the clearance between the drive chain and the chain roller. Therefore, I think it's best to use a single Spud Roller mounted in the front position of the chain guide when employing a 48T, or larger, rear sprocket.

The next photograph shows the clearance between the drive chain and a pair of Spud Rollers when the rear wheel has a 45-tooth rear sprocket.

I think a pair of Spud Rollers works best when a 45T sprocket is mounted on the rear wheel. Consequently, I am now offering the option to purchase either a single Spud Roller, or a pair of Spud Rollers.

The cost of a single Spud Roller is $7.50, delivered. Each additional Spud Roller will cost $5.50. If you are interested in buying one or more of my Spud Rollers, please send me a personal message, and we can arrange for payment. I accept either personal checks, or payment via my PayPal account.

Spud
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil

Spud Rider screwed with this post 07-27-2011 at 09:55 PM