View Single Post
Old 07-21-2011, 03:01 AM   #1568
JMo (& piglet) OP
Dakar Dazed

Oddometer: 3,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by DakarDemon View Post
I have seen guys and girls fail the dakar over the 20 odd years I have been going out and following it, Often they say it was because of an accident when really it was fatigue that made them make the wrong move or wrong choice. The mind of a rider with fatigue is not as sharp as one without.
I totally agree. Undoubtably I took my eye off the ball for a moment, the wrong moment as it turns out... but if you recall the circumstances of the crash - I basically stayed wide (by about 30 feet) of the piste after crossing a dry lake, rather than cut back in to the chewed up ground and another rider, and there was a bloody great hole! - next time I won't be so polite... x

Quote:
Hope you are enjoying the mountain biking? Do you do 100 miles in one go? over a weekend? or spead over a few days? Do you have a phsical job? All this helps build up your leg strengh and stamina. It is the stamina you will need once you hit the sand! Those Dunese brutal. Pushing yourself hard on your mountain bike is great and like you say you'll have your fitness left from when you did all the mountain biking you did before the crash in January!
To be honest I've hardly been on my pushbike at all recently, but I used to regualrly ride 20-30 miles at a time, a mix of on and off (trail) riding. I've now moved into a new area (no longer in Wales btw.) which has a lot of trails on the doorstep, so it is my intention to get back out there again - although time is always a problem, especially when I have a whole house to decorate!

Quote:
Are you sticking to the same training program you had for your 2011 Dakar?
No, I will have to do much more than that to get back up to fitness... if you recall I'd raced Heroes-Legend at the end of 2009, and Tunisia in May 2010 - I was hanging onto the residual fitness I'd built-up and had from those (I felt surprisingly good after the FIM round in Tunis for example), but obviously I've broken both my foot and my leg since then, so it will be an uphill climb...

Quote:
Who will be doing your support in your 2012 Dakar?
Most likely Desert Rose Racing...

Quote:
Glad you Brits have longer than 6 weeks left of summer!
Hmmmm... it comes and goes... as Dakardood says, I fear we might have had the best of it already in April... x

Quote:
Looking forward to Dakar 2012 and watching you! Will you have a Facebook page again this time? Or are you keeping it on this page? or your own web page.
Yes, certainly - I don't know what has happened to the JMo Racing Facebook page (I didn't administer it), it seems to have disappered into the ether?! I will certainly have a facebook feed, and will be revamping the Jennydakar.com website once I have my campaign in place.

There will also be a new [dedicated] thread here on ADV, of course!

Jx
JMo (& piglet) is offline   Reply With Quote