View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 04:48 AM   #1572
JMo (& piglet) OP
Dakar Dazed

Oddometer: 3,091
Well, spurred on by DDs concerns, I have embarked on my training programme for 2012...

This is my new training bike:

I say new, it's actually my 10 year old Mountain Cycle - as you can see, it's not had a lot of use these past few years! (and I like to take good care of my bikes too of course).

Anyways, I thought I'd start of gently this morning with a ride to the post office (about 6 miles away)... only there are two bloody great hills in the way and I'd forgotten how much hard work it is riding off-road without an engine! My poor little legs (and lungs) didn't know what had hit them!!!

Being the first time on a bicycle for a good year, and the first time since my accident of course, I decided to pace myself (like the Dakar, it's all about endurance, right?) and stopped for a couple of rests - but the good news is I never had to get off and push... which I intend to use as a metaphor for Dakar 2012!

I hope to have more news regarding my new campaign shortly... right now I'm ingesting nuts and fruit, and longing for Starbucks... x

Toot toot!

Jenny xx
JMo (& piglet) is offline   Reply With Quote