View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 04:31 PM   #54
ejtv OP
Per ipsum

Oddometer: 1,257
Days 8 & 9 part 2

Leaving Westcliff, the plan was to head back west and then flank the Sangre de Cristo Mountains north towards Guffey/11 Mile Canyon.

Here are a couple of I assume classic 11 Mile Canyon pics the next morning day 9 closing in on Rampart/Denver:

But first, from Westcliff back west toward to Sangre:

Racing the rainstorm:

Eventually the Sangre de Cristo Mountains turned northwest and we had to head northeast. The landscape between Cotopaxi and Guffey was stunning.

We passed through Guffey late in the afternoon. I had heard from a friend from Florida who got me riding motorcycles a few years back that "I don't use tents when I ride in Colorado, I use a tarp for a roof, waterproof maps for a floor and no sleeping bag, plus, there are cabins in Guffey"... (I guess my set up is too much luxury for him....) so we asked around until we found "The Garage":

Owner Bill told us he had a cabin left, outhouse included within walking distance:

hot showers just around the corner next to "the honeymoon suite"

mood gas lighting:

all for $30. Deal!

That same night this transplanted cajun writer and his son were treated at the Bull Moose to, what else, a crawfish boil!

with Bayou Boys Cajun Cooking catering and their cajun owner, now Colorado resident, David,

And to top it off, I swear I am not making this up with Photoshop, after several days doing the Rainbow Trail, nature threw a gift at us in Guffey:

Road Reports by ejtv click here

ejtv screwed with this post 07-22-2011 at 06:55 PM
ejtv is offline   Reply With Quote