Old 07-24-2011, 10:06 PM   #19
Spud Rider OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealbigman View Post
I like this setup ,
Thank you, Marko.

I'm pleased to report my single Spud Roller is performing very well in my chain guide. Here is a photograph of the port side of my Spud Roller after 7,200 miles of total wear, and 2,100 miles of solo wear in my chain guide.

Here is a photo of the top view of my Spud Roller after 7,200 miles of total wear, and 2,100 miles of solo wear in my chain guide.

Chain rollers offer several advantages over chain sliders.

1) The open, bottom end of the chain guide collects less dirt and mud with a chain roller, rather than a chain slider, installed.

2) The rotating chain roller induces less friction on the drive chain than a chain slider.

3) My Spud Rollers are less expensive than the OEM chain slider.

4) My Spud Rollers appear to wear longer than the OEM chain slider, especially in dirty, or muddy environments.

5) A chain roller is easier to inspect for wear, and therefore requires less maintenance than the OEM chain slider.

To be fair, a possible disadvantage of chain rollers is they produce more noise than the OEM chain slider. However, as my Spud Roller "breaks in" after 7,200 miles of use, I'm pleased to report it is becoming much quieter. If you are interested in purchasing either a single Spud Roller, or a pair of Spud Rollers, please send me a personal message.

Spud
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil

Spud Rider screwed with this post 07-24-2011 at 10:20 PM