View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 07:04 PM   #38
EnderTheX OP
Drunken Squirrel

Oddometer: 2,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by aDave View Post
Sure do appreciate all of your hard work in bringing us along
Thanks Dave! It means a lot to me... I love documenting my journeys but the video editing is wild... so much good stuff to go through to bring you a couple minutes of vid!

Day 3 continued...

After Devil Mountain I was feeling great and I was on familiar ground too! Heading west on 160 I met up with 550 and started north. Now I was really in the mountains and the past two days of desperate heat and long miles were all worth it!!

I had decided to ride a road we bypassed last year... the Old Lime Creek road that paralleled 550 going north. This would turn out to be one of the most surprising and rewarding rides of the trip. If you have time... DO NOT pass up this road!!!

Towards the start of the road a serine lake full of lily pads helped me pause for a minute and admire nature...

Further up the trial I found rocky cliffs lined with giant blocks of bonded rock... This is the first time I've seen anything like this on a mountain road. I didn't need guards to remind me of the treacherous edge... but I could see why the cages driving this road may need them. The edge was sudden and spectacular!!!

Looking back at one of the sections... I really hope the missing pillars are from rock slides and not ambitious jeepers

EnderTheX is offline   Reply With Quote