View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 08:48 AM   #85
TraumaQueen
WW( ;,; )D?

Oddometer: 452
Olympia vs Tourmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffy109 View Post
I had Olympia gear in my crash. It performed exactly as desired. There was not a scratch on me and the back pad prevented my spine from being snapped.

I replaced it with the BMW Airshell. I prefer this jacket because I got the optional back armor and it is clearly a more rugged piece of kit. There is more cordura and stiching seems a lot more robust. The mesh doesn't look like it will burn through as quickly, although that wasn't an issue with my crash. Still, I would not hesitate to use Olympia again.
+1 for Olympia gear.

I have a Tourmaster Epic jacket and Flex pants. Both have given me problems with the zippers breaking, and the Velcro on the jacket is pulling away on the sleeve cuffs. I bought this jacket in September last year. Not impressed with these, especially since I bought them based on Tourmaster's reputation.

I got an Olympia mesh jacket in the spring because the Epic was too heavy for summer. I love this jacket -- it even cleans up better (on the hi-viz sections).

I just got some Olympia pants for a trip. The armor seems a bit flimsy, so I'll swap out the knee/shin pads.

Last year's road trip: MN - UT - OR - MN

TraumaQueen is offline   Reply With Quote