View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 12:42 PM   #1
Brtp4 OP
Do what you love.

Oddometer: 1,965
New Gaerne G-Midland Adventure Boot

Fellow ADV Riders,

Gaerne has added a new Adventure Touring and Dual Sport Boot models, and are getting close to completion. This new model is called the Gaerne G-Midland Boot. It features more protection and support than both the G-Adventure and Balance models, along with typical Gaerne quality.

The G-Midland has a plastic heel counter, plastic support at the ankle, hard supports at the shin, along with a more reinforced and rigid toe, like an MX boot. It clearly has a lot of reinforcement, yet supposedly is still fairly light. The boots rae waterproof, with a Gaerne Aquatech liner. They also have a lugged sole that will be easy to walk in yet still movable on the footpegs. Price is $367, similar to other
dual sport boots and adventure touring boots we sell.

Boot threads seem to be getting a lot of vociferous debate lately (I have been sitting on this one for a while, which was killing me...), Recommendations are all over the place but the general message is toward urging people to wear stiffer boots - a good thing. Apart from brand and model preferences, the best boot advice is that people "should wear as much boot as they can tolerate". This
G-Midland fills in a spot in Gaerne's line quite nicely, and I look forward to trying them.

BP

Atomic Moto.com
Bend, OR

Brtp4 screwed with this post 04-17-2012 at 08:01 AM Reason: It's all a big spamfest.
Brtp4 is offline   Reply With Quote