View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 07:33 PM   #41
EnderTheX OP
Drunken Squirrel

Oddometer: 2,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodWorks View Post
Really enjoying this RR so far, Oliver. And it looks like your suspension is getting a nice workout.
Thanks David! I wouldn't have it any other way... I know my bike is happiest when put to the test!

Day 3 continued...

After getting back on 550 I made my way up to Silverton and towards US Basin (Co 14). This was one of the only routes I couldn't get info from the park rangers on. I really like this track and highly recommend it to anyone with a larger bike (or small bike!!) because the scenery and road is awesome!

I glanced at the south entrance to Co 14 and didn't see anything so I kept going to the north entrance... which is almost directly across from the entrance to Black Bear Pass. I found a few dozers getting ready to clear some snow. You can see in the background the path is completely blocked with snow. After a few moments of quiet contemplation I headed back to find a camp site...

I started looking at the South Mineral Campground we had stayed in last year. I had hopes of returning to the same site and enjoying the campground... these hopes quickly faded as I saw many campers along the access road and when I arrived the host assured me there were no sites available After a good chat about road conditions I headed out to find another spot...

This picture is on the road to South Mineral

Last year we had visited a private campground at Molas lake just south of Silverton and I went to see if it was full. The host there is really cool and suggested a more remote site on top of a hill overlooking the lake. The fire ban was not yet in effect so I looked forward to using the fire pit that night!

EnderTheX is offline   Reply With Quote