View Single Post
Old 07-28-2011, 08:58 PM   #81
pilo OP
Rhymes with below

Oddometer: 872
A new day...

Thanks again for the replies. Today was a new day and I set out to make some progress on the hand issue. I'm thinking that just a different set of grips should be able to make enough of an improvement to make things passable.

Another early morning ride west. The flash turned off on the camera makes it look brighter than it really was. A little further west are the Bonnevile Salt Flats. Racing starts there in just a few more weeks.

Unloading the bike just after dawn. The new chase vehicle works really well though my neighbors aren't too fond of the big white van.

My major ghetto test on the throttle side. About 5 miles into the whoops I peeled off the outside 40% of the foam so I could grab the grip with the little fingers. The foam and tape was a bit too slippery for the perfect solution, but the numbness was greatly reduced. I'm going to try next with just a little extra padding in the palm of my glove. It was so fat I felt like I should be riding a Harley!

My rear tire is almost totally bald so it's time for the fresh tires and Mousse on this set of wheels.

I drew 4th out of 11 Exp IM for the start. It won't be long now. I'm looking forward to getting to the starting line. Hopefully I'll run into a few other ADVr's in Vegas and potentially along the way.

pilo screwed with this post 07-29-2011 at 08:11 AM
pilo is offline   Reply With Quote