View Single Post
Old 07-16-2005, 12:09 PM   #20
Tantrum
Condescending Nag

Oddometer: 516
Cry Been gone, slow to respond!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoganai

Hi Tantrum, I use Clymer and the BMW repair manual to try and solve issues that come up. But sometimes they're both useless. Last week I noticed the kickstand had an area that was rubbed/worn away on it. I found it had been rubbing against the exhaust. Problem was a two parter: 1. The bracket that catches the kickstand was bent. 2. The kickstand was bent.

My friend and I used a puller to fix the bracket. We used a torch to heat and beat the kickstand straight and repaint it.

BTW I love your avatar...vampire-like, cool.
Glad you like the avatar. Nice work on the sidestand. I have a service manual, it does'nt adress after market mods. and the pics are tuff to read! Plus, the wiring diagram reads like swahili to me. My weatherpoof outlet was on just in time for a 10 day ride thanks to the precise and excellent wiring skills of a friend! Now, no riding til' I replace both sprockets, chain, swingarm chain slider, chain guard and rear tire! I dont mind, accept that I wanna ride s'more!
"Life's odyssey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out,shouting,"...holy shit...what a ride!"
Blessed are the flexible, for they will never be bent out of shape
The purpose of fun is to have it
Tantrum is offline   Reply With Quote