View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 01:14 PM   #18
danketchpel
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krasniewski View Post
Found just a couple of pics from the build - I wish I had more from the early stages, but it looks like those are gone and lost forever.

Frame - Initially I wanted to use the factory downtube, I bent it forward halfway, but it wasn't enough room. Limited resources and knowledge here, so I cut out a section of the factory 650R frame (above) to use:
Thanks for sharing your build pix for those who have been contemplating their own 650 twin swaps, they detail some of the challenges fairly well. I see the intake tract as the hardest to solve properly in the long run. It would appear that a custom manifold that re-angles the throttle bodies would go a long ways to solving it but there are still obstacles in the path, it's not simple. I am beginning to think starting with some sort of perimeter type frame might make more sense but they pose their own problems also with fuel tank options etc.

I think what's really important is you "got 'er done" and can find out what other things might be improved or reworked in this process after using it for a while. So far from your initial riding impressions it sounds like it's worth the effort.
00 Suzi DRZ400-S
danketchpel is offline   Reply With Quote