Originally Posted by Railbender
I was using the Harmonizer on my Ural Patrol this afternoon, I had done it a week ago with my Twinmax but wanted to fine tune it. OK I wanted to play with my new toy. Everything was close, as expected. Adjusted idle and off idle with no problems. Went back to fine tune idle speed and suddenly the display went to -155 mbar and no RPMs.
Disconnected the hoses, they are clear and no leaks as they hold oral applied pressure. Reconnected and let it zero, all it does is read 000 mbar. Tried it on my R1100R, which I did with the Harmonizer on Saturday, with the same results, 000 mbar.
I had one unit fail like this during the field testing phase.
I cracked open the sensor and found the manufacturer had missed a sealing step during assembly.
It was as if a goop dispenser (fancy technical term) had run empty during sensor assembly.
I have put a pulsed overpressure test in place to catch this type of defect, but obviously one got through.
We'll get you fixed up immediately.