View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 09:07 AM   #5
TK-LA OP
SoCal Rider

Oddometer: 572
Day 1, after lunch...

After a relaxing lunch, our bellies and tanks full, we pressed on. We passed by Forks, WA, the location of those "Twilight" films. Well, Ben's a big Team Edward guy and Jeff a Team Jacob guy, so they screamed OMG and wanted to stop and take photos, but I implored them to keep going. So sorry if any of y'all wanted pix of Forks.

Anywho! As we got closer to Port Angeles we passed the amazingly gorgeous Lake Crescent, WOW, the water was crystalline and DEEP.

And the road running along side was leisurely and smooth

But the road was narrow with not a lot of places to stop, so when we found one we pulled over...

...right across from this neat, small, waterfall. The photo doesn't capture just how steep this hill is or how high it went.

Trying to get artistic at the lakeside

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Well, we finally made it to Port Angeles and the ferry. There were 8 or so other bikes waiting, so we got in behind them. A couple I recognized from ADV, but forgot to get their names. When discussing our planned route they confirmed that we made the right choice by planning route 20 on the other end of the trip.

This is them waiting to board

Ben and Jeff wait to board

And we tie down

And go topside to catch a glimpse of Port Angeles as we depart

Hey, lookit my iPhone GPS

Now, being the super-nerds we are we immediately take out the iPhones and iPads and start downloading pix and updating Facebook statuses. Our table on the ferry looked like a NOC.

We near Victoria and get some more shots of our first MC ferry ride.

And clear customs with out a problem...(but it was HOT)
2007 Suzuki GS500f - Don't underestimate (and don't take it in loose rocks!)
2004 Suzuki LS650 "Savage" - Either stolen or ran away from home.

TK-LA screwed with this post 08-02-2011 at 10:05 AM
TK-LA is offline   Reply With Quote