View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 04:52 PM   #80
Grok OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReCycled View Post
Well....I'm glad to hear that as this is going to sound like deja vu.

I received the unit yesterday (8 days to PA under the old shipping method) but didn't even turn it on 'til today. I like the compact size, light weight and easy to understand display. It was simple to secure to my speedometer face with just a rubber band. All was well for the first 4 or five minutes while I rode the bike around the block for warm up. It was nice being able to easily read the display while underway. The smiley face let me know my old homemade manometer worked fairly well and the digital indicator let me know there was still a little room for improvement.

Arriving home to set the idle speed, the tachometer was appreciated as my bike does not have one and evidently setting by ear put me 100-120 rpms higher than spec. I began to lower the idle in small increments and alternating sides.

That is when it just stopped working. Same description, all the readouts and LED function but it measures 000 mbar.
You're covered. PM sent.
I'm looking forward to determining the fault so I can make sure tests are in place to catch them!