View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 11:07 PM   #3
ScorpioVI OP
Some people juggle geese.

Oddometer: 489
After a couple of days in Venice, Sarmen rejoined me at the chalet and then we drove out to Thun to pick up our bikes on July 14th. It's about a 2.5 hour drive from Liechtenstein.

I snapped this pic along the way.

We had reserved our bikes 6 months prior. We had originally reserved an R1200GS, an F800GS and an F650GS. Beach's dropped the ball and gave away the F800GS about a month before we flew out, and we ended up with the CBF600 in it's stead. Beach's doesn't quite have it's act together so I would recommend renting from somebody else if you end up doing a Euro Trip yourself.

Our bikes at Moto-Center Thun.

Hondas

BMWs

This placed was stocked. I have never seen a motorcycle dealership in the Bay Area that had this much bikes and accessories in stock.

I couldn't afford anything in this store however. Prices were easily 2x-3x what we'd pay for in the states. An example of some of the comparable prices:

GoPro HD Motorsports: $299 here, CHF550/$697 there.
Scala Rider G4 Powerset: $359 here, CHF600/$761 there.
BMW R1200GS: $18000 here, ChF26000/$32990 there.

Everything was marked up. Bikes to gloves. I walked all around the entire store, checked out the discount racks, and couldn't find anything remotely in my price range. Everything is so ridiculously expensive.
ScorpioVI is offline   Reply With Quote