View Single Post
Old 08-03-2011, 04:11 PM   #15
TK-LA OP
SoCal Rider

Oddometer: 572
July 6th dawned bright and beautiful....

We get all packed up and head up the hill,

coming across a gorgeous deer...
Ok, we didn't get a good pic, but that's him there in the middle.

After getting off the dusty trail near Comox Lake we enter Courtenay, a lovely little town about mid-island, and stop at a coffee shop. I see they had iced coffee and WiFi, so while Ben makes some calls Jeff grabs a muffin and I grab a coffee, and we use their internet connections.
For some reason, we didn't take many photos. All I got was an iPhone self portrait...

...and an iPhone pic of my tire. I was mesmerized how dirty it was.

Leaving Courtenay we headed north along the Island Highway that hugs the coast. Quite a scenic drive, but we didn't get much in the way of pix. Just a few of us trying to reconnect our Scala's

About halfway to Telegraph cove we stopped for lunch at cute little cafe' that was one woman, four small tables and serve yourself drinks. Very good, very casual and she had a big old dog that kind of lumbered around.

The only shot we got was of us leaving.

Several times over the past few days we had bragged about the weather...we were reminded that we were in the Great Northwest. It wasn't anything bad, but we put on the raingear anyway.

Our final destination was Port Hardy, but we swung by Telegraph Cove. Kind of a Disney-esque version of a VC Island town, but cute.

Ooh, Choo choo

And Ben, being the doting hubby, picked up some trinkets for Missy

2007 Suzuki GS500f - Don't underestimate (and don't take it in loose rocks!)
2004 Suzuki LS650 "Savage" - Either stolen or ran away from home.
TK-LA is offline   Reply With Quote