Thread: Duty
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2011, 05:34 PM   #27
mikegc OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,459
Duty

Wow, you guys are all very kind and I am humbled by your comments. Thank you!

To Egads1: You and I are probably the only ones on the forum that know about that RA number! By the way, I'm RA12814612 and I think I was in the last training cycle (1968) to get an ASN.

To Elessar: Thank you for your service. Maybe you never heard a shot fired in anger (Thank God) but you were there nonetheless.

To Dillard: Thank you for your service in Iraq. Yes, I think you're right about having the same thoughts about the two wars, Vietnam and Iraq. As a solder, you try to do the right thing and not let your friends down in a pinch. As far not having anything to show for your efforts, try not to dwell on that. You never know who benefits from something you did or said. That was drilled into me by many people I look up to. That's why we're all tasked with being and doing our best at all times. You never know who is watching. Please believe me, you made a difference. Again, thank you, too, brother. Take care of yourself.

Dillard's post reminded me of something. Our forces are making a difference in two wars and making history right now. Please pray for those protecting us.

Mike

Duty- Honoring a Friend

mikegc screwed with this post 01-11-2014 at 05:19 PM
mikegc is offline   Reply With Quote