Been out of touch a bit...
...travelling north out of the heat. But Dave asked me about my repair.....I did use the loctite shown in the earlier post that comes in a can like pringles....unfortunately, I had first tried to fix the theads only with regular JB Weld. Should have known that wouldn't hold for long....So I actually used the loctite over the JB Weld, all around the threads. It's not real pretty, and for that reason, I ordered the $100 tool and the new plastic piece that includes the fuel pump, or some related expensive parts....for now I have those parts in storage, waiting to see if the loctite epoxy starts to fail.
Has been fine for some time, I really don't remember how long, but I know it's been well over a year.