View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 05:47 PM   #33
mrmagoolin
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 514
Saturday the 23rd, the start of the OBCDR.
It is what I have been waiting and planning for. I spent lots of time going over tracks and reports, compiling as much info as possible. Where to get gas, times they were open, what kind of gas. The southern part is the part I wanted the most, as I have ridden most of the northern parts. I was elected to be the navigator. One of the draw backs of being scout is you look like a dummy when you miss your turn and you are going back the way to find the right road, that and no dust. This trip had it all for roads to ride.

This is the 1st of 2 signs we would find.

We started out not sure if we would have to reroute as the last report said there was snow blocking Dismal creek. It was not.

Everyone loved this section

We rode thru Lakeview topping off tanks and grabbing a bite to eat.

Then on to Paisley for more gas.

I had this route laid out for 160 mile sections and then we would camp. Ryan had to be back in Seattle Wednesday and I promised him that I would get him there. That meant that we had to be at 4 corners campground Tuesday night. All of that area is my riding area and I knew that I could get him back to Pendleton by 10 am so he would be home on time. We made it to Fremont point and took a short break.

It was time to start looking for a campsite. Everyone wanted water and we found a spring fed pond that was just right for the 7 of us.

mrmagoolin is offline   Reply With Quote