View Single Post
Old 08-06-2011, 08:11 PM   #68
rhino_adv OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 623
Dewitt and Piatt Counties

Today I me up with JUNIOR650 and jamojoe and headed south east to Dewitt county. The first bridge we planned to see is a closed Pony truss bridge over Ten Mile Creek on Cemetery Road on the north end of Clinton. The bridge has a Total length: 67.9 ft and Deck width: 12.1 ft.

Our rides for the day, JUNIOR650s-KLR650, jamojoes-TransAlp, and rhino_adv-Dr650.....

The next bridge is located SSW of Clinton over Salt Creek in Texas township. This bridge can be seen on the west side of 825 East Rd. The bridge planks are baddly rotted with holes in the deck and not really safe to walk across. I dont expect there to be much planking left on the bridge in a year or two.

View from the new bridge...

From here we head south east towards Piatt County.
Not a old iron bridge, BUT a neat old iron structure.....

and a neat old country church....

The Coulter's Mill Bridge is a Parker through truss, concrete deck bridge over Sangamon River (Lake Decatur) on a closed section of Coulter's Mill Road. The bridge gets its name from the Coulter Mill that was down stream from the bridge. The mill along with several small bridges were washed away in a flood on 12 March 1898.

985+ Old Bridges in Missouri
PAVED ROADS...... ANOTHER PERFECT EXAMPLE OF NEEDLESS, SPENDING BY THE GOVERNMENT"
rhino_adv is offline   Reply With Quote