Old 08-08-2011, 09:54 AM   #53
AZ-Twin OP
Dusty and Thirsty

Oddometer: 1,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet from Joisey View Post
Hey Rob!
Great pics and story!

How did your tires perform on the Xch during the trip? I see your buddy has more aggressive knobs on the DRZ.

I'm heading to MT on Wed (XCo is there already) and starting from Helena w/ a group going south on Sat, ending in Albuquerque, NM.

I've packed lotsa tools, tubes and gas, riding and camp gear, and just a few pieces of synth clothes with camp soap and net bag for drying on the road.

My tires look about like yours with Mefo fronts and Kenda on the back, so I'm curious how yours performed.

Thanks,
Janet
The Mefo's worked well on both dirt and pavement. We didn't experience any mud, I am sure Kevin's D606 would have been better in mud. I am really happy with the Mefos and will probably get another set. The rear is not down to the wear bars yet, but the front is toast. In Wyoming and CO I could notice wear on the tires at the end of each day, something about the dirt there was really grinding them off. I have never worn out a front tire before a rear tire before.

Looking forward to seeing your pics and hearing your story, I need to get off my butt and work on this ride report, but with school starting here for my son, lots of stuff going on around the house, and did I mention I turned 40 yesterday? Well, I haven't had time, but I will get on it this week.

Mesh bag for drying cloths on the road, great idea, I need one of those.
2011 North up the CDR
Sierra Vista AZ to Paonia CO and Back through Moab UT

AZ-Twin is offline   Reply With Quote