View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 08:58 AM   #19
GISdood OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercenary View Post
Heheheheheheheehe....I didn't need no Geotag to find that lake!!
Ok, so humour me then - at least for the benefit of all those who didn't grow up riding/hiking/4-wheelin' all the region's backroads and trails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekatronic View Post
Awesome reports!

I also just picked up a 4-piece 3-weight rod and fished the upper Dean river (towards Bella Coola) last weekend. Water was way too high, but at least the constant pack of mosquitoes were biting ha ha. We 4x4'd it from Williams Lake, but a few of us are considering doing the trip on bikes next time. Thanks for posting pics of your gear - you've inspired me to pack a rod in the future : )
I was surprised just how little space all my gear took up. I easily have room in my duffel for camping gear for myself, as well. That might be the next outing - an overnight fishing/camping/riding trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropic-Of-Canada View Post
Nice R&FR man, I sport the fishing rod as well on the motorcycle, though I'm more accustomed to salt water! I did live in PG for 6 years, but didn't fish much there. Been trying a few lakes and rivers on Van Isle, but havent done much fresh water since i was a kid, so all i really know is the river in lake cowichan where i grew up. I like the 3 piece rod! I'm surprised my 2 piece hasn't gotten clothes lined on branches yet!
I'm the other way around - more fresh water (and most of that lakes) than salt. I do have a 9wt rig as well for salmon & steelhead that's seen some use on the Bulkley, Skeena, and Lakelse... but its been sitting unused for a while.

And I know exactly what you mean about the clothesline thing. My first two-piece 6wt rod was a nightmare just to hike into a lake with, hence the nice compact 4-piece rod that I now favour.

GISdood screwed with this post 08-15-2011 at 01:52 PM
GISdood is offline   Reply With Quote