View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 10:36 PM   #1
Cowgirl OP
Cougar on the prowl

Oddometer: 3,949
Cougar tracks: Travels with my wiener

After the BCBTR (I know, I still have to finish that RR) I was still feeling pretty bummed out about having to cancel the rest of my highly anticipated month long trip, and especially about having to miss ADVILF. As the July long weekend approached I tried frantically to figure out how to get to Ouray but finally I had to concede it just wasn't going to happen. As is my wont I decided at the last minute rather than stay home and mope I would get out on the road and explore some of the beautiful Island that I live on. Since it would be a short trip with no specific itinerary I decided to take along Joe the Wonder Wiener. Joe has travelled on the motorcycle since he was a puppy but he had never camped so it was time for his introduction
I live on Vancouver Island located on the south western coast of British Columbia. Vancouver Island is named after Captain George Vancouver (whoda guessed?) and is the 43rd largest island in the world - 460 km (290 mi) in length and 80 km (50 mi) wide with thousands of kilometres of unpaved logging roads. I thought I would explore a few hundred of those kilometres and visit some places I'd never seen
Thursday morning, June 30, I packed up the Wee and we set off

A Cougar goes racing
Lead me not into temptation ............ just follow me, I know a short-cut.
Cowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote