View Single Post
Old 08-12-2011, 09:40 AM   #69
LC Garage OP
On Any Sunday

Oddometer: 713
Loaded up and ready to rock!

Last night's test ride showed a big improvement in acceleration, still not perfect but on a 1 to 10 scale, would rate the before as a 4 and as of now about an 8.5.

With the help of my brother-in-law Fred, got the preload spacers on and felt a noticeable difference. Alex at Konflict had recommended 4 to 4.5 mm of preload, and although this converts to approximately 3/16", the closest material we could come up with on short notice and make into spacers was 1/4".

Shocks without preload spacer

Shocks with preload spacer (at very top of spring)

Bike loaded up for trip to Chehalis

Although not everything on the wish list was completed, I'm excited to get out and ride it. Leaving work at noon today and going home to load up every tool and spare part that will fit in the truck and head out. Should be a lot of fun, my wife and youngest daughter are going and we will meet up with Paul (OC) and Lonnie in Chehalis tonite. We plan on watching Paul ride the trials tomorrow and hopefully we will be joined by Luke, Sherry (Ladybug) and Al. My old mechanic Randy is also supposed to be there on Sunday, I will have to see if I can sneak a picture of him this time (he avoided the camera entirely at the last race). Next report we will hopefully be bringing good news of a successful weekend, stay tuned!