View Single Post
Old 08-13-2011, 01:03 AM   #4
sombreroisland OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino de Laurentiis View Post
What do you want to use it for? Just to monitor lambda (AFR) and retain your current fuel system or do you want to use the wideband monitors to affect the afr (using some kind of piggy back device)?

If the former, do you currently use O2 eliminators? If so, then you can attach the O2 sensors directly into the bungs for the OEM sensors. If you don't use O2 eliminators, but want to keep the OEM O2 sensors, then you need to weld on new bungs, and attach the wideband sensors to them.

If you want to use the wideband sensors with a piggy back ECU (or a completely new standalone ECU), then you can also reuse the existing bungs, and don't need to weld on new ones.
Hi Dino,

I really just wanted to check my AFR in trying to optimize my carb settings...I don't have any o2 eliminators (i have a KTM 950se) as far as I know...

As far as I understand it to be, since all the jets and needles come into play at different riding times (idle, low throttle, at speed, high throttle, max speed), I was wondering do I need the sensor there while I'm riding the bike? I haven't seen how this works...
sombreroisland is offline   Reply With Quote