View Single Post
Old 08-14-2011, 08:28 PM   #84
pilo OP
Rhymes with below

Oddometer: 884
Thanks for the support

ADVrider is a bit of a odd place to post about long ride or race aspirations. The crew that represents the essence of ADVrider are at the core supportive, but making this thread is akin to a freshman congressman telling stories of his budget accomplishments back from hometown mayoral days or a c-list actor chatting with Robert Deniro about his inspiration while filming "Attack of the Bionic Fingernail Snatchers." ADVrider has riders who have done everything on two wheels two or three times over, so a thread about a guy who's doing a few races is not the sexiest destination on this site. To me this has been my life for almost a year and if all goes as planned will keep going through to Baja in the fall. It may be someone else's side project, but it's my Big Show, and since my chances for a podium finish are hard to predict, I'd like to take some time now before Vegas to send out a shout to the people and companies who have supported me in the run up to V2R.

First, thanks to the YWCA in Salt Lake for letting me associate with their group. They are a very positive organization and contribute a lot of goodwill and support to the local community. Also thanks to the people who have made donations to the YWCA in consideration of this effort. A number of ADVr's have donated as well as others. Thanks everyone.

Warp 9 - Kevin at Warp 9 has been great with helping with wheels and pegs. They are a great company local to Utah.

LocalHeroMX - Jon prints MX shirts and decals has been my single source for decals and printed goods. His service is amazing, his prices can't be beat and I'm always happy to support a local business in Utah. He's even helped my mount the backgrounds on more than one occasion. Thanks Jon.

Konflict Motorsports - Alex was a big help getting the suspension dialed on the 450x and he also worked magic on the stiction and setup I had on the 950 Adv forks.

Wolfsnout - Tim has a product that I'll be using at V2R. Since I'm pretty good at sucking dust, he choose the perfect person to sponsor with his product.

Brandon - On the left is my Utah partner in crime. Always there to lend a hand, and in this case listen to my many hours of preparation talk. He's also, along with another good friend of my, Kevin, giving up their time to chase me at V2R. Thanks

Chris - On the right is the guy who helped my hatch this plan, circa 1993 or so. We have a ton of motorcycle adventures together and Chris listens non-judgmentally to all of my harebrained ideas and casually ignores the worst of them.

Both Brandon and Chris, this is the closest I could get to having you guys come along. Keep a good look out for me down there. Point me away from the big rocks please.

Last a big thanks to my family. Without their support and encouragement this would not be happening. Thanks for putting up with my and my craziness. I love you guys.

Thanks to the ADVrider community as well. This really is a unique and positive online community. See you in Vegas.

Hey, Ho, Let's Go!
pilo is online now   Reply With Quote