View Single Post
Old 08-17-2011, 07:30 PM   #3
redpillar OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 840
The pictures here on out get sparse as the riding was more or less gravel till we hit the Bend area.
From Hart Refuge we rode back into Plush for fuel and hit the Hogback road north, and the cut east on the track to Summer Lake hot springs.

We had a great time in the hotspring and chatting with the owner and had a great fire with our dinner. then we hit the sack.
Next morning after a quick dip, we hit the road once again. We had planned on camping at East Lake but when we got there it was still only about 2pm so we decided to high tail it and finish off the ride that day. The ride into the forest was fun once we hit the tighter forest tracks. For me that was the best part of the ride. We flew through the woods not stopping till we started to hit traffic. We grabbed a hotel and after diving into the pool to clean up we headed over the Wachs place to meet him and load up. Unfortunately he was away on a business trip, so we did not get to meet him at all even though our trucks were at his place for a week. Thanks again Dave.

I enjoyed the ride a great deal. We saw some great sights and went to places we would never normally have got to. The tracks were a great help and accurate, and I would recommend this ride for anyone of just about any experience level. Study the maps, watch your fuel and water and have fun.!!
redpillar is offline   Reply With Quote