View Single Post
Old 07-22-2005, 03:27 AM   #7
Gravel Seeker OP
Thomas

Oddometer: 3,950
Latest from Gravel Seekers:

The hostages, the stork and the toad

The bikes are still being held hostage - so we’ll spend another weekend in Melbourne.

We were grasping at straws hoping we’d get the bikes today, Friday, but it’d soon be clear that was not to be. Chrstan talked to Julie (agent) around 10-11am and the container will be unpacked on Monday with quarantine on Tuesday. This meat that we, first of all, had to find new accomodations for the weekend as the Stork (The Stork Hotel) was fully booked. We found a new and better place a couple of blocks down and I say this with sadness in my voice; the Toad (Toad Hall Hotel) jumps all over the Stork.

Some pictures I took on Sunday. We went to the Melbourne Aquarium. I took 94 pictures and kept the ones I thought were any good. As usual not many, hehe.

This is a lizard of some kind....duh...

Shark attack

Another shark. I like the way only half of it shows.

Out the window between floors at the Melbourne Aquarium we could see the moon between two buildings - thought it was a nice subject.

Same thing, zoomed in.

I like to use the landscape around me to create a specific image or view others might not see when walking the same path. Here are a few examples:

The old Spencer St. passage (will be torn down soon)

Here I used the paint and tram tracks to make lines through the picture from each bottom corner (had to cut a little)

Bridge over the Yarra river

Same bridge, different view

Art on Swanson St. (?)

Different view

So we're stuck here for another few days. Hopefully we can start the real trip on wednesday. We're afterall coming back here in Decemer, so I can take a closer look at things then....

2005: Australia - 8 months/ 26.000 km (anti clockwise circle)
2009: Norway - 2 weeks/ 6000 km (Lindesnes to North cape)

Gravel Seekers.com

Hey !
It's the African ant eater ritual !

Gravel Seeker screwed with this post 07-22-2005 at 03:34 AM
Gravel Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote