View Single Post
Old 08-20-2011, 10:14 AM   #77
D.Bachtel
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 487
Thumb

Got an order into James (the original fool). It's hotter than hell in Texas so I'm being patient.
No doubt he is guru and is dedicated to the marque.
The frame is powdercoated, the rear wheel swingarm, shocks and engine installed.
The front end is all there as a unit, just as it was slipped out of the neck decades ago.
Tires have air in them.The seller has misplaced the box with the top fork (triple tree).
The bike was disassembled in 1974, and he has some some long term memory problems.
Got the sheet metal and exhaust home this week (they were misplaced) but the big lump is still in the sellers shed.
I want to roll this into my garage so I'm waiting for the replacement parts.

I've been cleaning up the gas tank, checking out the carbs, controls, drive shaft etc. and doing all the research I can in the meantime.
Getting quite the education. Zundapp couldn't compete in the market with BMW's low price.
Pretty excited about it all right now, this could be the last bike in the stable.
Not that I won't acquire more but it could be the last to go when I'm too old to roll.

I'm hoping this Danish ACAP will be a good match.

I should do a good job of documenting this bike, maybe I'll get some photos of the parts I have and slip up to the farm to get some shots of the big lumps this weekend.

Here's a link to what I'm looking at, mines all black with gold pinstripes and just the right amount of dull pitted chrome..... this is not the bike.

http://www.zundappfool.com/images/60..._Elastic_a.jpg

Don in Nipomo
D.Bachtel is offline   Reply With Quote