View Single Post
Old 08-20-2011, 01:27 PM   #66
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Oddometer: 1,912
Had another great day again today its really nice around this part of the world.

Had breakfeast and crusied around for a little while then unpacked the panniers off the bike for the ride into the hills with Tiga today. Left here just beofre 10 and got to Tigas over on the island, his bike was out the front ready to go. We had a cup of coffee relaxing and chatting and then kitted up and hit the road, We headed back up the highway and then west up the top of the hill oppposite the Nuitzi turn off i took yesterday.

We rode about 60 k's through the hills some great riding then came to this really nice valley and a litle cafe so stopped there for a coffee and a break. Had a good chat for alittle while, met a nice couple that had toured around Australia in the past so had a nice breif conversation with them then jumped back on the bikes to head back to Knysna. Let Tiga ride the Beemer so I could have a go on the XR, its really noticable the difference in size and weight, I actually enjoyed it and was able to throw it around alot more than the big BMW.

We took a slightly different route back in to Knysna and came in from the south end of town and on the way through dropped down to the marina for a beer. The ride took us a good couple of hours about 120 k's reuturn or there abouts all on dirt other than the few hundred metres at the beginning and end so alot of fun. Tiga's band is playing over on the island tomorrow night might head over and check it out, its Jaques birthday so ill see what they are up to before I decide, Me Tga and his wife Paula are going to go for a ride on Sunday if im still here over to the north side of Plettenberg to some nice restaraunt so that will be cool and gives me a reason to hang around for a few more days.

All in all a really good day, now just relaxing and watching tv pretty tired actually anyway tomorrow is another day the weather is supposed to be closing in with rain predicted that will be nice good excuse to do nothing but lounge around, ciao

Attached Images

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 12-18-2013 at 08:36 AM
rideforsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote