View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 09:19 AM   #424
jglow OP
Two wheeled traveler

Oddometer: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by doogiepooch View Post
Just stumbled across this ride report and I have to say, it's probably one of the best, if not the best, I've read on this site. I actually found myself not wanting the reading and photos to end as you were getting closer to home. No super modified bike, no super expensive trick farkles and 2 regular folks that didn't have to be able to rebuild the bike with a toothpick on the side of the road to be able to make it to Alaska and back.

I do have one question though......what kind of jobs do you have that allow you to take off 35 days

Hey, thanks! That was the message I wanted the report to have - We are just regular people, not sponsored by Touratech, and generally have little idea what we are actually undertaking. This all helps to keep stress and expectations low .

As far as jobs for allowing us to do these trips... I am self employed. I own a small company, and we do industrial painting. And for Nikki... During the Alaska trip she was finishing her last year of college for her Elementary Education Degree, and if our funding of schools around here in Texas ever gets good again, she might actually be a teacher one day - which would still allow her summers off so we can continue our Epic trip tradition.

Jordan
jglow is offline   Reply With Quote