View Single Post
Old 07-22-2005, 05:27 PM   #65
CraigTransalp
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 137
Extension of Independent Character

Bought 1st MC at age 31 (now 46) when my earnings graduated to about $35,000 per year where you could afford $700 for rent, $500 for food, $150 for insurance per month and still afford payments on a new MC Honda Transalp '90 Red.
Friends at work had a nice club to join and I did ride with them almost every week in Ventura, Santa Barbara counties. I rode a lot myself too mostly on Mullholland Hwy around the Rock Store and PCH.
My interests before motorcycling included mountain biking so my riding skill advanced very fast. Annual trips to Laguna Seca were my 1st touring trips. The club had an annual Kernville ride that was amazing. I later lived in Tehachapi in 2004 and rode Spring rides every weekend to Sequoia National Forest.
When you work in aeroospace, you must work/live in the best opportunity to come your way at the time. That takes you in and out of prime riding spaces. So recently, it seems I'm trailering my motorcycles (other MC is XR650L) to the general area instead of leaving from home in Huntington Bch, Ca.
CraigTransalp is offline   Reply With Quote