View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 03:24 PM   #1600
JMo (& piglet) OP
Dakar Dazed

Oddometer: 3,476
Hi there GoThere!

Thanks for checking in and keeping the thread bubbling under... and the words of encouragement and support of course!

Yes, it is a bummer about 2012, for a number of reasons - mainly financial and keeping current sponsorship deals alive, but like you say, the flip-side is a lot more [welcome] time to put a more comprehensive campaign together for 2013... and of course concentrate on as close to 100% fitness as I can get, and hopefully get this damn metal work removed etc etc etc.

This year was going to be particularly important for a number of reasons that I won't go into detail right now - I wanted to do some fundraising and awareness/media stuff for a charity particularly close to my heart, and even closer to my sister's [literally] - but I have set the wheels in motion in that respect, and will make it a key element of my 2013 campaign instead.

I am also aware just how quickly this year has disappeared - hell it is almost time for me to pop a flight back to the USA and indulge in my annual spot of tiddler trail-riding in Moab!

I will thn spend the rest of the autumn and winter completely rebuilding the race bike, getting some riding in, and fitness training of course... then the plan is post Dakar 2012, to announce my campaign, and get my bloody entry in on the 1st of May this time!

So for now, I'm eagerly watching the progress of those who have made the cut this year, particularly Neduro (must sort out some support for his swag campaign), and me ol' chum Si Pavey of course! For sure it's going to be exciting to see the names popping up over the next few months as the shipping date draws closer...

Of course I'd love to attend the Dakar in a support capacity this year if anyone needs me (I'll pay my flight if you pay my entry x), and hell, if anyone needs a tasty navigator for their car or buggy... I'm pretty handy in that regard too!

For now though, house decorating calls!

Toot toot!

Jenny xx
JMo (& piglet) is offline   Reply With Quote