View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 03:04 PM   #255
norton73
drinkin'

Oddometer: 8,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwaregrrl View Post
I'm fine....thanks Andy. I'm sure while I'm under my car trying to replace the CV axle tomorrow, I'll be bitchin' about my sore hip. I like the tire, it's a good and cheap comprimise. I just dont think I'll take any gravel corners at a speed above 20...I think I can do that.

My first BMW was a R60/6, as my previous bikes had been Ducatis and Nortons, I wasn't used to the cylinders sticking out. One one of my first rides on the R60/6, I attempted to stuff it inside a friend's CB550 on a tight curve. Valve cover hit the ground, rear tire came up, somehow I slid to the outside of the curve, narrowly missing my friend's rear tire, almost high sided, but saved it. Wore the cover down some, but didn't break it.
On both the R60 and my later R90S I would wear through the cover, epoxy them up, and flip them over. Never broke one, even though I had a couple good low sides endurance racing the R90S.