View Single Post
Old 08-26-2011, 05:59 AM   #41
soboy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,286
I am really enjoying your RR so far. Having grown up on small bikes, about 5 years ago I re-discovered the joy of riding slower and actually seeing things instead of everything being one big blur! Question for you: it seems you are having a lot of chain stretch issues - are these non-O ring chains? I've never ridden a very small bike the kind of miles you are, so I just don't have any experience with this, but it seems you are experiencing daily chain issues. On my last four O-ring chain bikes, I put over 50,000 miles on the four and other than on rear tire changes, never had to adjust a chain. I've had to adjust the non-O-ring chains on my son's dirt bikes far more often than on my O-ring equipped street bikes and dual sports.
"Reason takes a holiday as Dr. Horrible spends money he doesn't have, on a motorcycle he doesn't need, in a misguided attempt to recapture his youth which, upon reflection, wasn't all that great in the first place."
"Ride to the bar in your pirate outfit, guzzle some beer, play "Free Bird' on the juke box and then go home. Badass."
soboy is offline   Reply With Quote