View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 07:14 PM   #75
simonpig OP
packin' heat

Oddometer: 1,014
I carry it in the wolfman duffle -- the companion to the enduro saddlebag. The netbook is in a neoprene caselogic case and all of that is in wrapped in an eVent waterproof sack. Very simple and effective. It wont take a hit unless a tree falls on your bike. I keep all the tools and heavy stuff in the duffle.

Love the 3.1 gallon tank. I carry 2 liter MSR fuels bottles 1 at each side of the saddlebags. Another inmate Machtig has a Safari 3.7 and never need anymore on his TAT trip. I figure 3.1 + the extra .5 is close enough for me to not need the bigger tanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotMojo? View Post
Just curious... you must be carrying a laptop with you... where are you storing it while riding? I will probably go with the Wolfman bags you have and I'm wondering where I could safely carry a laptop. Thought about getting a hard case (Pelican?) and attaching it to the rear rack but wasn't sure if that was necessary.

I'm also debating on going with the IMS 3 gallon tank versus the slightly bigger Safari. How are you liking your IMS 3 gallon on this trip? And if you are carrying any extra fuel, where are you storing it?
simonpig is offline   Reply With Quote