View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 12:01 PM   #104
cord4530
danimal

Oddometer: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboCharger View Post
+1

Had the exact same problem you described. Immediately I thought I was the FPC, as I have already had one of these fail, but alas after doing the FPC bypass, the pump still doesn't work, no sound, nothing coming from it when hitting ignition. AND my GS911 doesn't output any error codes regarding the fuel pump. My instinct tells me that the Fuel Pump is failing but my GS911 doesn't confirm it so I'm not entirely sure.

I will have to pull the entire fuel pump out and test it but before I do this I wanted to know if anyone else has any tricks to test the fuel pump. ie. in a previous post, it was mentioned that reversing the +ve and -ve terminals might work to check if the pump is toast or just blocked. Can I connect a 12V battery directly to the Fuel Pump without any concerns that it will cause a problem?? Are there any issues with reversing polarity??

Thanks for any advice.
Sorry for a late reply. Assuming the fuel pump wiring is disconnected from the rest of the bike (the blue plug below the FPC is removed) then reversing polarity on the pump shouldn't cause any problems. Being a little DC motor, it will just spin backwards.

Did you already fix the problem? If so, what did you end up doing?
-Dan
cord4530 is offline   Reply With Quote