View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 09:48 AM   #1003
Deadly99
Fast and Far

Oddometer: 8,454
"If all goes well, finish in the top 25 of the general" is the goal it has set for the next edition of the Spanish Dakar Laia Sanz, the highest ranked woman (39 th) in the motorcycle category in the 2011.

Sanz has landed tonight at the El Prat airport from South American soil with a smile and with his mind set on next season, where he will participate in the toughest race of the year.

"Everybody said that the Dakar hooked and, frankly, is engaging. It is a very tough race, but I do not know if it's the landscapes, the friends you make there or the atmosphere created, but you just delighted" has recognized.

He began this adventure with the sole aim of ending, "but I saw a few days later and I ran to get the best result possible," he explained.

"Much of the credit," as she herself acknowledges, is Jordi Arcarons, an old fox,''''of returning to Dakar to make of''competition''backpacker. "He has touched go back and eat dust, but support has always been important to me soul," he stressed.

Today about thirty people, including relatives and friends were waiting at the airport to embrace, "a surprise" that was not expected. "Especially because during the Dakar I could not talk too much with mine, because there are not running when you are sleeping or resting," he stated.

Laia Sanz has been nine times European champions and ten of the world in the mode of trial, but in Dakar where he discovered its limits.

"It's a physically tough race, the penultimate day besides me a bit dehydrated (his''bag''camel ran out of water) and ran with cramps throughout the body. So when you reach the end of the last stage and I saw my whole team there waiting, I broke with emotion to mourn, "said the Barcelona, the next year wants to relive that feeling

http://www.as.com/motor/articulo/lai...asdasmot_2/Tes

TCAT (Trans Canada Adventure Trail)

Gravel Travel Canada - Canada's Source for Overland Travel
Deadly99 is offline   Reply With Quote