View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 03:49 PM   #7
4badboyz OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 586
day3&4

The roads crew worked on the washouts all night and by the morning had 1 lane open. We waited our turn to get through the construction and were on our way. Half an hour later we were at the Tadoussac Ferry.

Saguenay Fjord

we continued on to Baie Comeau then north to Manic 5 Hydro Electric dam. Unfortunately the road had suffered some serious erosion damage from the storm and washed out in half a dozen or more spots. The wait at each repair section wass painful. Pull up, shut the bikes off and wait. By the time we got to Manic 5 the day was done

the obligatory Manic 5 pic.

we stayed at the workers quarters at Manic5. 12 rooms, 1 bathroom, small but clean, good deal

Owen swaps out the rear tire in preparation for the dirt ahead

When I gassed up at Manic5, I met BostonGS. He did the route counterclockwise and had a nasty crash just outside of Port Hope Simpson. He hit the grader berm at 100kmh and went down really hard. He was knocked out cold and has some nasty rash on his back. The bike suffered a broken handlebar, windshield, gauges and pannier. He had it towed to a shop in Port Hope and had it welded back together and soldiered on. Hope you're feelin better Boston. Nice to meet you!

Relais Gabriel gas stop. We met this group of atv riders from Mont Tremblant on their way to Fermont via fire roads and snowmobile trails.

breathtaking scenery up here!

Iron ore mines in Fermont, the entire lake is stained red from the ore tillings.

proof shots

endless views on the translab

Quebec hydro has reduced the mighty Churchill river to a mere trickle.

We had a fantastic day today, riding from Manic5 to Churchill Falls. The gravel sections of the road are in great shape. We were able to run 95-100kmh for most of the day. WHAT A BLAST!!!
Moab 2012
James Bay Road. What could go wrong...

4badboyz screwed with this post 08-31-2011 at 05:46 PM
4badboyz is offline   Reply With Quote