View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 07:26 PM   #1
rockinrog OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,759
Rockinrog Goes for a Ride

I originally had this ride planned for 2010, but the money just wasn't there.
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=593556
Fast forward to 2011 and the money still wasn't there, but a couple things prompted me to make the trip. This summer I watched a friend die of cancer. I have to say it boosted my faith as well as at times question it. Life doesn't go on forever and you aren't guaranteed "next year" is an option. Then some management decisions at work have taken a job that for the last 6 years I never thought of leaving and turned it into "I don't want to be here." This year I at least have the time, next year I may not have the time or the money.

For me riding isn't just about the external things. It is therapy for the mind and soul. In short "I'm going for a ride" or maybe i should say "I need to go for a ride".

Here is the basic plan. Head west (from PA) and go up through Grand Teton, Yellowstone and Glacier National Parks then run route 2 back east. I am not sure how much Internet access I will have during the trip, so there may not be much on here till I get back. I tend to camp as much as possible. I will try to update the RR via my phone in case anyone has any suggestions for places to see/stay in the area I am in traveling on any given day. I should be starting no later than Saturday, but I am thinking Friday Sept 2nd.
rockinrog is offline   Reply With Quote