View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 08:44 PM   #67
AZ-Twin OP
Dusty and Thirsty

Oddometer: 1,317
Day 5

Man was it nice to sleep in a good bed, my sleep number is 35, not sure if that matters or not but I slept well. Kevin was in the next room on a futon, It is good to know which room to pick.

We had some eggs, coffee, and packed up and got ready to hit the road.

She looks a lot better with her fender back on, don’t she.

Back down 285 and north towards Breckenridge.

We stopped at Boreas Pass to take a couple pics and look at the map.

I wonder how they got this thing up here

While we are looking at the map Kevin said since we are going close to Dillon he wanted to stop for a bit, as that is where he got married.

Then Kevin proceeded to tell me his first wedding anniversary was next week, so it was pretty cool that he would be this close to where he got married on his first anniversary.

Now, if you didn’t pick, that up, on Kevin’s first wedding anniversary, he is not at home eating the cake top out of the freezer, exchanging gifts made out of paper, or any of that other stuff, he is riding the CDR, his wife Linda is pretty cool, huh!

So we stopped in Dillon at the exact place where he got married, here is a reenactment.

I think they drank some post ceremony champagne here, at least that is all he told me they did.

It is a beautiful place.

Back on the track north to Parshall, west to Radium, and north to Steamboat Springs. Lots of good riding through here and beautiful scenery.

We got to a good section and my gopro was full, so we stopped and I deleted a couple huge files where I inadvertently left it on. The view was nice.

I love Aspen trees.

A bit farther north is where the water crossing is.

It does not look like much here, but it was pretty deep, I came around a corner and it surprised me, put on the binders and waited a bit for Kevin. He had never done a water crossing like this before, and this is about the deepest I have been in. He volunteered to go first, after we scoped it out he went to the left, but got pushed a bit downstream, so I went in and lifted his front wheel over and he headed out.

I wish I would have put the camera closer to the river.

I pulled off my jacket and tank bag to protect my electronics, and took my turn.

All the walking through the water had filled my boots.

2011 North up the CDR
Sierra Vista AZ to Paonia CO and Back through Moab UT

AZ-Twin screwed with this post 09-13-2011 at 09:39 PM
AZ-Twin is offline   Reply With Quote