View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 07:48 AM   #89
fotobo
KTM rider

Oddometer: 1,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonpig View Post
How was it? and how do you rate it vs. TAT? I'm in Blackwell, OK right now.
The CDR was great. I really enjoyed it. As far as rating it against the TAT, that's hard to do. I enjoyed them both a lot. I think the riding on the CDR was overall a little easier than the TAT, no deep sand. The only areas that could be considered difficult was Fleecer ridge, which is a steep rocky uphill or downhill depending on your direction of travel, and a couple of hills in New Mexico. New Mexico would have been very difficult if it rained, but we were lucky in that respect. The CDR was more scenic. You will just have to go do it and judge for yourself.

Looks like you are making good time and I can tell that your riding skills have improved a lot. Also you are doing a good job on the ride report. I know how difficult it is to do a live RR. I am really enjoying it and looking forward to the rest.

We are home now. Got here last night, so I now have a real keyboard instead of the tiny iphone. We cut the last 100 miles off the ride because we got the word that a good friend and old riding buddy of ours had passed away and we wanted to get back for the funeral. From what we have heard the last part is just straight pavement to the border anyway.

Have to go get ready to go to the funeral. There is going to be a motorcycle parade, lead by the deceased's son to the services. We plan to ride our bikes, still dirty from the CDR in the parade. I think Jack would appreciate that.

fotobo screwed with this post 09-02-2011 at 07:19 PM
fotobo is offline   Reply With Quote