View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 03:22 PM   #91
Petrolburner
Noise Maker

Oddometer: 534
Hell of a good time, shaping up to be an annual event. I didn't take a ton of photos since I don't have anything but my HTC EVO, but I have a few. While Ty and Dad are leaving his house in Boise, I'm already halfway through my Saturday of work. I haul UPS cargo from Portland to Newport, then North Bend. My final leg to Redmond is empty. Around a 30% weight reduction while still having over 1400 hp and 3400 lbs-ft of torque on tap is sure a fun way to finish out the work week.

The view ain't bad either.

Ty and Dad arrive and we load up in the Tundra to check out Smith Rock State Park, just a few miles up the road from my house.

Dinner and beers at the 7th street brewery, delicious desert at my house, chain oiling and an early night to bed.

Lots of bikes in the garage...

Next morning I wanted to show them Tumalo Falls but we got ruled out on a basis of time. Turned out to be a good thing because we gathered firewood in the last few minutes of light that night. Anyway it is cool and if you are in the area, it's not far out of Bend. If you're coming to WetFest next weekend it's an easy stop to make.

And you can walk back behind the waterfall which is amazing when it's hot out.

On to Crater Lake!

A perfect day to be at Crater Lake, lots of sunshine and blue sky giving the lake a brilliant blue color, no wind to break up the reflections...life is good.

5560/Waldo Rd./Grayback Rd./40N07/Indian Creek Rd./State of Jefferson Highway was a great road, a little bit tricky to ride real fast since the light was fading and there was pea gravel scattered in the corners. Anyway Tyson and I managed to keep the pace pretty spirited...

Wait long enough and then we can get this shot...

This overlook late in the day was when it hit me, I'm on Vacation! In some of the most gorgeous terrain this country has to offer! I can't wait for the next few days to unfold. (My job doesn't take as long to unwind from....)