View Single Post
Old 09-03-2011, 09:29 AM   #68
loph917
Beard Bros Racing

Oddometer: 4,245
i've run the mitas e09 dakar 140/80-17 on my f800gs. loved the tire - it was great in all conditions. wore fast as do all true knobbies on the f800gs. i've even burnt through a heidi pretty quick. partial problem is lengthy tarmac rides to/from the dirt. that is a problem no tire manufacturer can fix for me unfortunately. another part of the problem is my inability to control my throttle hand. ok, so maybe that isn't a problem per se...

who are the independent dealers? i'm confused as to why mitas can't approach select venues in the us and say, "there is demand for our tires in the us and we'd like to partner with you to carry some of our product line".

motorcycle-superstore, revzilla, rockymountainatv, motosport, dennis kirk, bike bandit, etc. all big vendors with many thousands of products. i'll be honest and say i have no idea how the manufacturer/distributor/reseller relationships work but i can't believe that it is entirely a bottom up process (reseller has to seek out the manufacturer).

i'm also kind of eyeballin' that e07. i like the tread pattern; it looks as though it might do well on the street but still open enough to handle some mud; something the heidi k60 doesn't do worth a damn.