View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 11:08 PM   #154
sakurama OP
on an endless build

Oddometer: 1,406
The Duck has been cooked.

Since the 950/990 project is going to proceed slowly I decided I needed another bike to explore around Oregon before the weather turned to the wet side. I was looking to replace my stolen Hypermotard with an old VFR or a Triumph Sprint ST - bikes that are on my "list of bikes to own someday" when I came across an ad on CL for a bike that was on my list but I didn't think I could afford.

MV Agusta Brutale 910R with full race exhaust:

Turns out I was very wrong about the price and got this for about the price of a well used Triumph or two used 990 engines!

I thought the 950 was fast but it is a pig compared to this bike which is a rocketship. I finally got out this weekend for my first real ride and if I manage to keep my license it will be nothing short of a miracle. It literally accelerates as hard in 4th and 5th as the 950 does in first and second. Brutale is exactly the right name for this bike as it is completely and utterly BRUTAL! It's complete crap on gravel of course...

Well, back to NYC this week and I'll have a full weekend coming up to put towards the bike. Hoping to get a lot done and maybe even try to squeeze in some evenings.

Gregor

sakurama screwed with this post 09-19-2012 at 12:16 PM
sakurama is offline   Reply With Quote